We are still looking for a facilitator for this group. Meanwhile, some of us are taking turns leading. Due to the 4th and 5th Mondays of December being holidays, the library won't be open, so there will be no December session.
The same procedures we previously maintained will continue:
- Each month a prompt will be chosen and announced. The PROMPTS can be seen here.
- Each writer will compose an original prose (fiction or non-fiction) piece of no more than 500 words, and read it in front of the group.
- Typewritten, use 12 point font, numbered lines if possible, check your spelling, grammar and punctuation! Make sure there's a TITLE for your piece.
- Copies of each story should be made ahead of time by each writer (10 is good for starters) to distribute ahead of presenting your story, so that everyone there may read along and make notes for feedback.
- Constructive, respectful comments are encouraged for each participant.
- Anyone who wishes to have their piece published on the Monday Writers Group Blog may do so.
If you have any questions, please call the library at 315-736-9734.
Unable to attend? Consider submitting your story to our online only writing group.
Hope to see old and new faces there. Keep writing!